Join us for the
2014 Family Reunion
August 9th, 2014 – Saturday
Francis Slocum Park, Pavilion #2
Number of people coming so far: 42
|# People Coming||Bringing|
|Theresa Brady||Yes||1||coleslaw, bottled water|
|Patsy Brady, Matt Jr, Jim||Yes||3||chicken, deviled eggs, fruit salad|
|Julie, Josh & Nick Sifert||No||N/A||N/A|
|Judy & Joe Yarka, Stanley & Nancy Swiecicki||Yes||4||TBD|
|Chrissy Miller, Jesi & Berg Miller||No||N/A||N/A|
|name 1||Yes||2||Kapusta with kelbasi & haluski (cabbage & noodles)|
|Betty Tkach & Dorothy Condo||Yes||2||porketta, rolls and condiments|
|Jenn & Don Freeman & Alan Leland||Yes||3||Grill, etc|
|John & Debbi Tkach||Yes||2||hotdogs, burgers, rolls and condiments|
|Janice, Mark & Debi Weaver||Yes||3||Chips|
|Brenda, Emily & Liz Kolojejchick & Bernie Hromek & Louise||Yes||5||Chicken & a pasta salad and maybe a dessert; coffee, cream & sugar|
|Ken & Lilli Esposito||Yes||2||TBD|
|Melissa Francis & Mike; Jeremy Francis||Yes||3||TBD|
|Linda Murphy||Yes||1||paper products and plastic ware|
|Michelle, Mark, Brody, Caleb Cekloski||Yes||4||halushki|
|Denise Zbierski||Yes||1||pasta salad|
|Bob Zbierski Jr & Bob III||Yes||2||turkey chili|
Volley Ball (there is a volley ball net near the pavilion)
- Baseball / Bat / Glove
Food (the following is just a suggestion – feel free to add items):
- hot dogs & buns
- hamburgers & buns
- kielbasa & sauerkraut
- sausage & peppers
- salads – potato salad, pasta salad, coleslaw
- nibbles – pretzels & potato chips, salsa & nacho chips
- condiments – ketchup, mustard
- desserts – fruit, cookies
- drinks – water, lemonade, iced tea, soda (alcohol is prohibited)
Directions to Francis Slocum Park
- Follow River Road – turn left onto 8th Street Bridge – continue on 8th street for .8 (eight-tenth) miles
- 8th Street crosses Wyoming Ave – continue on 8th Street for another .8 (eight-tenth) mile
- 8th Street crosses Shoemaker St – continue straight(ish) on 8th Street for 3.1 miles
- Turn left onto Mount Olivet Road – go .9 (nine-tenths) miles
- Turn left into Francis Slocum Park – go .3 (three-tenths) miles
- Just past the Ranger Station turn right – follow the signs to Pavilions 1 & 2
- Make the first left into the parking lot.
- Between the first and second pavilions are tables under the trees – this is it!!!
Out of State Directions
- The park is five miles from Dallas and ten miles from Wilkes-Barre.
- From exit 170B of I-81, take PA 309 north about seven miles (7.2).
- Turn right (east) on Carverton Road and go about four miles (4.2).
- Turn left (north) on 8th Street Road and go about one mile (1.3).
- Turn left (west) onto Mt. Olivet Road and go one mile.
- The park entrance is on the left.