Join us for the
2015 Family Reunion
August 8th, 2015 – Saturday
Francis Slocum Park, Pavilion #2
Number of people coming so far: 34
|# People Coming||Bringing|
|Theresa Brady||Yes||1||coleslaw, bottled water|
|Patsy Brady, Matt Jr, Jim||Yes||3||chicken, deviled eggs, fruit salad|
|Julie, Josh & Nick Sifert||No||N/A||N/A|
|Judy, Lindsey & Joe Yarka, Stanley & Nancy Swiecicki||No||N/A||N/A|
|Chrissy Miller, Jesi & Berg Miller||No||N/A||N/A|
|Jenn & Don Freeman & Alan Leland||No||N/A||N/A|
|Melissa Francis & Mike||Yes||2||Pasta Salad|
|Michelle, Mark, Caleb & Brody Ceklosky||Yes||4||Halushki|
|Lisa, Tom, Thomas & Julia Iskra||Yes||4||Watergate (dessert)|
|Betty Tkach||Yes||1||Porketta & cookies|
|Bernie Hromek and Louise||Yes||2||Coffee & Fruit tray|
|Janice, Mark & Debi Weaver||Yes||3||Pasta Salad|
|John & Debbi Tkach||Yes||2||TBD|
|Brenda, Emily, Lizzi Kolojejchick (and friend Jason)||Yes||4||sausage and peppers and a hash brown casserole|
|Ken, April, Lilli Esposito||Yes||3||TBD|
|Mary Lynn Fay & Friend||Yes||2||TBD|
|Bob III & Sarah Zbierski||No||N/A||N/A|
|Sharon, Rusty, Nichole Swartz||No||N/A||N/A|
|Denise & Bob Zbierski||Yes||2||utensils, plates, napkins, bowls|
Volley Ball (there is a volley ball net near the pavilion)
- Baseball / Bat / Glove
Food (the following is just a suggestion – feel free to add items):
- hot dogs & buns
- hamburgers & buns
- kielbasa & sauerkraut
- sausage & peppers
- salads – potato salad, pasta salad, coleslaw
- nibbles – pretzels & potato chips, salsa & nacho chips
- condiments – ketchup, mustard
- desserts – fruit, cookies
- drinks – water, lemonade, iced tea, soda (alcohol is prohibited)
Directions to Francis Slocum Park
Official PA Park Commission Site
- Follow River Road – turn left onto 8th Street Bridge – continue on 8th street for .8 (eight-tenth) miles
- 8th Street crosses Wyoming Ave – continue on 8th Street for another .8 (eight-tenth) mile
- 8th Street crosses Shoemaker St – continue straight(ish) on 8th Street for 3.1 miles
- Turn left onto Mount Olivet Road – go .9 (nine-tenths) miles
- Turn left into Francis Slocum Park – go .3 (three-tenths) miles
- Just past the Ranger Station turn right – follow the signs to Pavilions 1 & 2
- Make the first left into the parking lot.
- We’re at Pavillon #2
Out of State Directions
- The park is five miles from Dallas and ten miles from Wilkes-Barre.
- From exit 170B of I-81, take PA 309 north about seven miles (7.2).
- Turn right (east) on Carverton Road and go about four miles (4.2).
- Turn left (north) on 8th Street Road and go about one mile (1.3).
- Turn left (west) onto Mt. Olivet Road and go one mile.
- The park entrance is on the left.