Join us for the
2017 Family Reunion
August 11th, 2017 – Saturday
Francis Slocum Park, Pavilion #2
Number of people coming so far: 27
|# People Coming||Bringing|
|Brenda, Mary, Emily, & Lizzie Kolojejchick||Yes||4|
|Bernie Hromek & Louise||Yes||2|
|John & Debbie Tkach||Yes||2|
|Mark, Janice & Debi Weaver||Yes||3|
|Jennifer, Alan, Don Freeman||Yes||3|
|Theresa, Patsy, Jim, Matty Brady||Yes||3|
|Judy Yarka, Nanacy & Stan Swiecicki||No|
|Julie, Josh, Nick Sifert||No|
|Chrissy Miller , Jesi and partner Berg||No|
|Tom & Lisa Iskra||No|
|Bob Zbierski III||No|
|Bob Zbierski Jr||No||0||NA|
Volley Ball (there is a volley ball net near the pavilion)
- Baseball / Bat / Glove
Food (the following is just a suggestion – feel free to add items):
- hot dogs & buns
- hamburgers & buns
- kielbasa & sauerkraut
- sausage & peppers
- salads – potato salad, pasta salad, coleslaw
- nibbles – pretzels & potato chips, salsa & nacho chips
- condiments – ketchup, mustard
- desserts – fruit, cookies
- drinks – water, lemonade, iced tea, soda (alcohol is prohibited)
Directions to Francis Slocum Park
Official PA Park Commission Site
- Follow River Road – turn left onto 8th Street Bridge – continue on 8th street for .8 (eight-tenth) miles
- 8th Street crosses Wyoming Ave – continue on 8th Street for another .8 (eight-tenth) mile
- 8th Street crosses Shoemaker St – continue straight(ish) on 8th Street for 3.1 miles
- Turn left onto Mount Olivet Road – go .9 (nine-tenths) miles
- Turn left into Francis Slocum Park – go .3 (three-tenths) miles
- Just past the Ranger Station turn right – follow the signs to Pavilions 1 & 2
- Make the first left into the parking lot.
- We’re at Pavillon #2
Out of State Directions
- The park is five miles from Dallas and ten miles from Wilkes-Barre.
- From exit 170B of I-81, take PA 309 north about seven miles (7.2).
- Turn right (east) on Carverton Road and go about four miles (4.2).
- Turn left (north) on 8th Street Road and go about one mile (1.3).
- Turn left (west) onto Mt. Olivet Road and go one mile.
- The park entrance is on the left.